Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Possession, by Elana Johnson

Violet lives in the Goodlands where she is a rebellious teenager who can't seem to stay out of trouble and despises the Thinkers who control the city with their minds.

Her father went missing seven years ago and her sister, Tyson, disappeard over three years ago. Vi has been left alone with a mother who despises her ever since. The one bright spot in Vi's life is her match, Zenn. One night Vi sneaks out to visit him, risking another violation on her record. That is the night Vi's life changes forever. 

In prison, she meets a Baddie named Jag who seems to understand Vi in a way no one ever has before. From this point on, Vi gets caught up in a whirlwind of lies, corruption, and conspiracy. She has to a lot of choices to make, important choices; choices that could cost her either her life, or the lives of those she loves.

Possession captivated me from the very beginning. I fell in love with the authenticity of the characters. And oh the plot twists! There are so many plot twists, my head was reeling, but nothing left me confused. I especially loved the relationship between Vi and Jag. It felt true to the characters and I could feel their struggle as they tried to overcome the obstacles placed before them. 

Elana Johnson did a beautiful job of constructing a very believable world full of surprises for the reader. I was glued to this book and could not put it down.

Overall, I give Possession five stars. I can't wait for the sequel.

3 comments:

  1. Great review!! Thanks!! Love Elana Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your post on all things books!
    Here's my blog as well :)
    http://jeanbooknerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following =) I can't follow you back right now (for some reason my work computer won't let me), but I will when I get home.

    Have you seen my YA page on Facebook?
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/YA-Book-Lover/137657539641030

    ReplyDelete